“… A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.” (Luke 19:12-13)
“A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children..” (Proverbs 13:22)
“By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.” (Ecc 10:18)
Balance the Budget –
We can start with a few basic things to get spending under control;
1) No handouts to countries that exercise and support Sharia Law, or the Brotherhood. We have to cut down our thirstiness for oil.
2) Seperate SSI out of Social Security Trust Funds. SSI money could be cut in half and given to the state welfare programs instead and it will be more beneficial. Threatening to cut into social security all the time is not nice to all the elderly people who have put into this trust fund for years. There are way too many people on SSI and SSD. A lot of SSD is because of diet or failed surgeries. I remember watching the news when they were threatening to shut down the government services because they wouldn’t keep increasing the deficit allowance and then I’d turn the channel over to the congressional full time viewing channel and there were legislators still trying to pass spending bills. Congress should stay on vacation most of the time, it would save us a bunch of money. Does anyone realize that we’re monetizing the debt, or even know what that means.
3) Privatize the health system to get costs down and quality up.
4) Limit how many terms congressman in DC can run.
5) Limit how much they can spend on election campaigning.
In every area of life,
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” (1Peter 5:8)
“That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.” (Joel 1:4)
They’ve been eating away at the bible for years, taking whole verses out. We shouldn’t be “biting and devouring one another” regarding which version is best, when we’ve got a lot bigger things to be zealous about and watchful over. If we’d read the bible at all these days we’re doing better than the majority who have given into fables, and are “lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God”. We have many enemies of the cross, no need to make more if we don’t have to. If you’re going to be in this battle, you don’t want to be using a rubber sword. It’s hard to sharpen one another’s sword when we aren’t using iron. “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” (Proverbs 27:17)
I’m more concerned with all the Christians now who have believed the fable that we will fly away before it gets tough.
What happens if we don’t get taken away before the anti-christ makes everyone become part of the allegiance to him. What if we don’t fly away (get raptured) and have become the outlet for the world to be mad against because we dare to say there is only one way to heaven; through the atoning sacrifice Jesus made.
We’re going to need a lot of mercy “against that day”. The day of temptation that will try the whole world.
“Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.” (Rev 3:10-12)
Find ways to store up mercy, we’re going to need it.
“With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.”(Psalms 18:25-27)
“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” (James 1:27)